Re: Suggestions please - Query loading 98%

From: BN.Sarma <bsarma_at_basit.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2002 08:28:53 -0700

Greetings Kenneth and Jonathan,

Thank You for the suggestions.

I don't see too much of disk sorting.
I do follow Jonothan, Steve, and Toms articles and answers. For the same reason I didn't think about BMI. I do rebuild the index immediatley after the delete. Infact I have suggested our Production guys that I can copy the info to a temporary table where status='WAITING' and truncate the table, then copy back the info from the temporary table. Thye are yet to consider it. I do analyze (estimate sample 10 percent) the schema every day as an oracle job
using dbms_utility.

Jonothan, if its newer version you said we could have tried some tricks, could you please give me more info on it. I am desperatley pushing our guys to go for 9.2.x. Since it needs hardware change (thanks to Oracle for 64bit) its taking time for the $$$$ approval. There is no 32 bit release of 9i for AIX.

Regards & Thanks
BN