Simple Oracle Net Security Question

From: Michael J. Moore <hicamel_x_the_spam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:00:02 GMT

Assume I am using REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE = EXCLUSIVE and I have properly set up the password file. I then connect to my database from a remote client using sql*plus. Furthermore Oracle Net is set up using a typical TCP/IP connection.

So, my question is, is that connection to the database considered to be secure or could anybody with a sniffer easily see commands that I am sending and data that is being returned?
Thanks,
Mike Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 17:00:02 CDT