Re: Newbie: Problems installing 8i - TNSNames Listener error

From: Fred Zimmerman <silversw2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2002 06:21:58 -0700

Karsten,

Thanks for your help. I cannot start TNSNamesListener Service via Services (NT) applet either.

It is possible that my user (log into corporate LAN domain) was not in Administrator group on my local machine at the time that I installed Oracle from media. Do I have to un-install, and re-install Oracle 8i after adding my domain user account to Administrators group on local machine??

Thanks,

Fred Zimmerman