reserved keywords for oracle

From: Ionut Filip <ionut_at_tariansoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 20:03:24 GMT

hi all,

our application allows the user to create/ query it's own tables, columns, data.
There are some situation when oracle will allow the usage of reserved words like 'select', 'drop' etc . However we noticed that shortly after that our product starts behaving weird. Now, I want to know if there is a function to check if a string represents an oracle keyword. I could probably get the list of reserved keywords and put it in a table and write my own function, but that would mean i have to maintainn that list as well as customize it for different oracle versions.

much appreciated Received on Wed Oct 09 2002 - 15:03:24 CDT