Need Advice On Deploying Oracle using Intel.

From: Navarro <the_navarros(NO_SPAM)_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 19:55:28 GMT

Hi all,

I have been tasked with deploying an Oracle database (70 Gigabytes) using  Intel architecture.

My questions are:

  1. What type of Hardware is best used for Oracle and Intel (Dell, Compaq, IBM etc...)?
  2. What type of O.S. (Windows 2000 Server or Linux)?

This will be a production database and will be built from the ground up. I welcome
any comments, tips, advice since most of my experience has been using Solaris and
HP.

TIA,
Daniel N. Received on Tue Oct 08 2002 - 14:55:28 CDT