Re: insufficient privileges as sysdba 8.1.7 on Win2k

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2002 13:07:26 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<%5fn9.46015$g9.131838_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...
> You know why I got upset about this?
>
> Because slide Number 3 (or thereabouts) on Oracle's own 9i New Features
> course has someone connecting system... as sysdba.
>
> Do you know how long it takes to explain that away??!
>
> Their example connects (and all appropriate errors) are just stuffed,
> stuffed, stuffed... and you know how it long it takes to explain *that*
> away??
>
> If I misunderstood, I apologise
>
> Regards
> HJR
Your frustration is justified. Few weeks back I installed 9.2 on AIX 5L system. It went ok with couple of hickups but the Oracle 9i documentation was very lousy when it came to post installation steps. Some of the stuff was out of sequence and made no sense. Looked like they kept confusing AIX with Sun.

Oracle doesn't have the brightest bulbs when it comes to some areas of their own documentation.

/Rauf Sarwar Received on Fri Oct 04 2002 - 15:07:26 CDT