generic connectivity on linux

From: Timbo <tjbacs_nospam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:39:36 GMT

Anyone using or attempting to use generic connectivity on 9i running on linux?

R2 does not indicate that it isn't supported (in the release notes) however it doesn't look like the files are there. Specifically I'm looking for hsodbc. I just loaded R2.

Is this feature not used much? I find it hard to believe that oracle doesn't make this available for the linux platform.

Anyone have any luck?

I need to query a MS sql server from oracle, but I don't want to buy the transparent gateway because I don't require that much functionality. Simple querying is what I need.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim Received on Fri Oct 04 2002 - 10:39:36 CDT