Re: Oracle 8i on Red Hat 7.3 Install problem

From: David Owen <dowen_at_midsomer.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 00:17:31 GMT

  David> is it a pentium 4 processor? if it is Oracle Installer wont work.   David> Probably some workarounds listed on the group somewhere

If it is not this problem, it is possible. Did it last night. There is a website that has detailed step by step instructions.

Try this one:

http://hzh.homeip.net/doc/oralinux/oralinuxhowto.html

There are others, but this is the one I followed and it came up a treat.

dowen

  David> "David" <linuxdave01_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message   David> news:Nwbj9.35186$jF4.2676572_at_twister.southeast.rr.com...
>> Does anyone have a good suggestion on how would you install 8i on RHL
>> 7.3 (kernel 2.4.18-5)? I can't get past the freakin jre initialization
>> on Linux, and I've gone through the install guide to the point where
>> it says to run the runInstaller.sh script and then the installtion GI
>> will come

  David> up.
>> Ha! Not even.
>>
>> Like I said, it's stuck on the damned jre
>> initialization. (Initializing

  David> Java
>> Virtual Machine from

  David> ../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/jre.
>> Please wait...), and that's where it stays.
>>
>> I have Sun's jdk 1.4 and the path properly set to it. Tried taking it
>> out

  David> of

--
David Owen     Midsomer Consultants Inc.      dowen_at_midsomer.org
Maintainer of the Sybase FAQ: http://www.isug.com/Sybase_FAQ