Re: insufficient privileges as sysdba 8.1.7 on Win2k

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 20:11:40 GMT

James Gutholm wrote:

> I have 8.1.7 rinning on Win2k.
>
> I did not do the initial install/config of this system but I am
> unaware of anything out of the ordinary.
>
> While at the local console I can connect internal from sqlplus. The OS
> account I'm using is a domain account the local ORA_DBA and
> Administrators groups. REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE is set to EXCLUSIVE
>
> >SQL> connect internal_at_instance
> >Enter password:
> >Connected.
> >SQL>
>
> I can also connect with system as sysdba but do not have privileges to
> complete some functions such as shuting down the database that work
> with connect internal.
>
> SQL> connect system_at_pprddm as sysdba
> Enter password:
> Connected.
> SQL> shutdown immediate
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
> A possibly relate issue is that even when connecting internal, I am
> prompted for a password. This is not the case on another 8.1.7/Win2k
> box that is similarly configured. Both boxes have
> REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE set to EXCLUSIVE although I believe this has
> no relevance to local connections.
>
> Any help/ideas greatly appreciated.
>
> Tod

Use oradim to drop the Oracle Windows service Delete the password file PWD<sid_name>.ora Recreate the Oracle Windows service with oradim

That should do it unless somehow you have been playing around in the registry and dropped the pointer to the password file.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Oct 02 2002 - 15:11:40 CDT