Re: migration ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:06:56 +0200

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:59:32 -0400, "Butt, Naseem [CAR:7622:EXCH]" <nbutt_at_americasm01.nt.com> wrote:

>Can someone tell me how to migrate my database from a Unix server to a PC
>server and what the implications for doing this are ?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Naseem

export the database on the Unix server
ftp the export in binary mode to the PC server import the database on the PC server.
Can't say anything about the implications as you don't provide any useful info, and my crystall ball has worn out.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Sep 27 2002 - 12:06:56 CDT