Re: 8174 finally installed - oops !!!

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2002 09:58:21 -0700

In article <E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA702B5F4E2_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk>, Norman says...

>Well, it has finally installed and I have got 8174 up and running.
>
>What was wrong ?
>
>Ummmmm, well, it looks like I may just have bolloxed the install of 8170
>by putting in a 32 bit disc and a 64 bit disc. I can't confirm this, but
>when I went for a reload, I noticed a 32 bit disc on top in the CD box.
>This could have been from when I put the 64s back in the box, but as the
>second attempt worked fine, I suspect a 'user error' is the main cause
>of my problems.
>
>Cheers,
>Norman. (Somewhat embarrassed !)

Don't be embarrassed. It could happen to any of us. After all, Mr. Foote still operates under the misconception that what comes out of his stereo when he puts a David Bowie CD is actually music. Now THAT'S embarrassing!

(Ducks and hides!)

Pete

>Norman Dunbar
>Database/Unix administrator
>Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
>mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
>Tel: 0113 289 6265
>Fax: 0113 289 3146

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Fri Sep 27 2002 - 11:58:21 CDT