Re: how to transfer data to Oracle 8.1.7?

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:58:22 GMT

I second this solution (dump to fixed-width or comma-separated file in DB2, then use sqlloader to populate tables in Oracle). I checked MetaLink and Oracle also seems to second it. Note 200288.1 (revised 7-Aug-2002) states "The Transparent Gateway for DB2 is not suitable for migrating a complete DB2 database to an Oracle database."