Re: Six of one . . .

From: Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:04:54 GMT

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:41:11 +0100, "Paul Brewer" <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk> wrote:

<snip previous quotes>

>Ed,
>
>Can't you put all the logic in a stored procedure, and call the SP from your
>COBOL program?
>That way you'd eliminate concurrency issues, as well as improving
>performance, and reducing the number of lines of code.
>
>Paul

In an ideal world, probably so. However this project is to port the app to a new platform (going from OS/2 and DB2/2 to NT and Oracle), and has very high visibility, so they are trying to minimize the amount of re-engineering.

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)