Oracle 8i on Red Hat 7.3 Install problem

From: David <linuxdave01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 04:18:53 GMT

Does anyone have a good suggestion on how would you install 8i on RHL 7.3 (kernel 2.4.18-5)? I can't get past the freakin jre initialization on Linux, and I've gone through the install guide to the point where it says to run the runInstaller.sh script and then the installtion GI will come up. Ha! Not even.

Like I said, it's stuck on the damned jre initialization. (Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/jre. Please wait...), and that's where it stays.

I have Sun's jdk 1.4 and the path properly set to it. Tried taking it out of my path, and running the installer, and that didn't work either.. Received on Sat Sep 21 2002 - 23:18:53 CDT