Re: Infamous JRE Installation Problem with 9i Again. :-(

From: David <linuxdave01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 04:12:58 GMT

Well how would you install 8i on RHL 7.3 (kernel 2.4.18-5)? I can't get past the freakin jre initialization on Linux, and I've gone through the install guide to the point where it says to run the runInstaller.sh script and then the installtion GI will come up. Ha! Not even. Like I said, it's stuck on the damned jre initialization. (Initializing Java Virtual Machine from ../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/jre. Please wait...), and that's where it stays.

MySQL anyone? :-)