Re: OUI question

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:00:48 GMT

Sadly, the generic answer is "no" ... the installer is written as a GUI app and you can't run it on a character-mode terminal such as Wyse or VT100/220/320/420. Nor can you run it from a telnet session (since that usually emulates a character-mode terminal).

So you are pretty much left with one of two options: use a response file or write a bunch of shell scripts to create the database. You have some help in the latter option by running DBAssist and asking it to create scripts from which you can create the database "later" (which, in your case, would be as soon as you can copy the files to your Sun box and edit them).

If you have Oracle installed on another machine that allows for a Java GUI app, you can create the database there and copy all the data files, control files, redo logs, etc to your Sun box.

Wish I could tell you that there's a command-line version of OUI ... but, alas ...

-Karsten