Comparison with AIX/Solaris

From: Keith Clay <gremyotwig_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2002 09:46:56 -0700

Folks,

We are trying to decide whether to stay with solaris or move to AIX for oracle 9i. The oracle DBA says that AIX allows more flexible kernel level management than solaris 8. We could move to solaris 9 soon. Would AIX still predominate even with solaris 9?

I know this may be more of a political than technical question. Any outside references/comparisons would definitely help.

Thanks. Received on Fri Sep 20 2002 - 11:46:56 CDT