Re: %USED, %FREE in TABLESPACES

From: Kevin Gillins <k.gillins_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:11:39 -0400

I have created my own repository. Briefly how I did it.

  1. create a table to store stats in. Essentially a copy of DBA_TABLES with added columns for number_of_extents, size_in_bytes, date_of_sample
  2. schedule a weekly database analyze.
  3. After the analyze take a copy of the info from DBA_TABLES where stats have been stored.
  4. Update the info with current extent info from DBA_SEGMENTS
  5. After some time you can end up with some pretty good trends and information for your database.

Kevin Gillins