Re: Tables Quota Usage - How?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:11:04 +1000

Hi Emil,

By recreating the objects. There's no "squish" or "defragment" or "reset HWM" command. Yet, although there might be soon ...

To recreate the table, you have your choice of ALTER TABLE MOVE, CTAS, Export/Import, DBMS_REDEFINITION, etc.

To recreate the index, you can ALTER INDEX... REBUILD

However, note if you're planning to reinsert new data, then Oracle will effectively reuse this space (all things being equal) making these operations redundant. Perhaps ?

Cheers

Richard