Re: Multiple Oracle Homes with 9i

From: Nancy Wells <nancy_b_wells_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Sep 2002 23:03:47 -0700

Candido Dessanti <termy_at_blunet.it> wrote in message news:<3D85D10D.9040400_at_blunet.it>...
> > If i already have a 8i database, can i install 9i release 1 to a
> > different home on the same machine.
> Definetly Yes

Sorry this is a doc question, and this was what i thought: I had an Oracle Applications 11i (with RDBMS 8i) installed on a NT server. When i installed 9i Release 1 (to a different home) on the same machine, the 11i installation no longer worked; i had to deinstall everything and install 11i again. (I also read in some mailing list that there is problem with 9i Multiple home - atleast with Release 1).... Any comments?