Re: Multiple Oracle Homes with 9i

From: Candido Dessanti <termy_at_blunet.it>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:22:07 +0200

> Sorry this is a doc question, and this was what i thought: I had an
> Oracle Applications 11i (with RDBMS 8i) installed on a NT server. When
> i installed 9i Release 1 (to a different home) on the same machine,
> the 11i installation no longer worked; i had to deinstall everything
> and install 11i again. (I also read in some mailing list that there is
> problem with 9i Multiple home - atleast with Release 1).... Any
> comments?

I have installed and oracle9i release 1 and an oracle 8i release 3 on the same linux machine and i havent experienced any trouble. Never installed 9i on an NT server...i guess the problem would be an eviromenth variable problem like the PATH, but i am not so experienced on winzoz so i really cannot help. Sorry Received on Tue Sep 17 2002 - 07:22:07 CDT