Moving an RMAN backup

From: Jake <me_at_heyjay.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 02:01:57 -0500

Hola,

Per 8.1.7.0.0, Is there anyway to update the catalog, to indicate that an RMAN backup has moved to a different directory? I've been looking thru all the doc, and I can see how you can update/manage the catalog with respect to image copies (and exports). But what if I need to move the RMAN backup files somewhere else? How do I update the catalog? Something ala:

alter catalog rename backupfile 'old_path_to_file' to 'new_location'

Thanks (as always)
Jake Received on Sat Sep 14 2002 - 02:01:57 CDT