Oracle 8.1.6 bind/literal. MDAC 2.7?

From: Beverly Treadwell <blueone_at_bluesplace.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2002 18:02:59 -0700

Hi folks,

We have recently been working through a problem with the replacement of bind variables with literal variables.

Your probably scratching your head at that one but let me explain.

We have 2 web applications:

One using MDAC 2.61 w/Oracle Client 8.1.7.3 on the web server against an 8.1.6 Server with MDAC 2.5
The other is using the same basic code as the first running MDAC 2.7 w/Oracle Client 8.1.7.3 on the web server (server must support .net) running against the same 8.1.6 Server with MDAC 2.5.

In the first application bind variables are used and seem to working well.
In the Second applictation the same code is used with bind variables but when it runs it is a hit and miss scenerio on whether the bind variable will be used or whether a literal will be used.

This is a high volume operation and it is bring the instance to a stand still.

Has anyone else seen similar results?
I would truely appreciate any Ideas.

Thanks,

Beverly Treadwell Received on Fri Sep 13 2002 - 20:02:59 CDT