Oracle 9i R2 vs Oracle Express 6.3

From: Gadi Refaeli <gadiref_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2002 11:50:26 -0700

Hi,

I am working on moving my application from Oracle Express 6.3 to Oracle 9i R2. Other then huge pain in the process I failed to gain any meaningful performance improvements for my aggregation process. Since my main reason to go to 9i was the dramatic OLAP performance I'm puzzled on what I'm doing wrong.

Does anyone experienced the same, or even better does anyone has an example of an improved aggregation time?

My database is:
8 dimensions

Dim 1: 2 hierarchies, 6000 values
Dim 2: 6 hierarchies, 3500 values
Dim 3: 1 hierarchy, 500 values
Dim 4: 3 hierarchies, 650 values
Dim 5: 1 hierarchy, 200 values
Dim 6: 1 hierarchy, 150 values
Dim 7: 1 hierarchy, 5 values
Dim 8: 1 hierarchy, 34 values (time dimension)

I have 2 cubes with around 5000k records each.

Thank,
Gadi Refaeli Received on Fri Sep 13 2002 - 13:50:26 CDT