Re: BLOBs from Oracle to MS Sql server

From: Zbrk <zivjeli_at_veselili.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:42:21 +0200

Hi guys

Thank you a lot for answering. I have posted this issue on many forums and you are the first with answers.

Niall Litchfield wrote

> > The easiest way I can think of is to write a client app that does this -
> > pushing and pulling the blobs.

Do you know is it possible to do this using PL/SQL stored procedures.

>> I would write it in Delphi (a few minutes
> > effort and likely less than 10 lines of code) and run it on the same
> > platform as SQL-Server to prevent doubling the network traffic with the
> > pull from SQL-Server and push to Oracle.

Please keep in mind that BLOB column can take about 1M, there is limitation in PL/SQL that a variable can not exceed 32k. Is there such limitation in Delphi, and which version of Delphi you suggesting.

> I'd use DTS (so it can be scheduled etc etc). isn't there an Oracle
> feature/option/product called generic connectivity though?

What is DTS ? There is an option in Oracle for passthrough SQL called Transparent gateway but it is licenced seperaterly and price is $15000.

Thanks you again, if you have any other suggestions please write. Received on Fri Sep 13 2002 - 01:42:21 CDT