Re: ORA-00600 during schema export Oracle 8.1.5

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:52:26 +0200

Igor Smaglyuk 1293309929 wrote:

> Hi, ALL!

<everone> Hi Igor!

> Help me!

Not bloody likely without a valid credit card number mate!

> I have Oracle 8.1.5 (Linux). I was exporting a schema.
> Tables exported normally. But during export of views the error ORA-00600
> appeared.

 <snipped>
> Then I looked into ora_18547.trc (1.4 Mb). There are such messages in it:
 <snipped>
> Current SQL statement for this session:
> SELECT TOWNER,TNAME,NAME,LENGTH,PRECISION,SCALE,TYPE,ISNULL,CONNAME,COLID,
> INTCOLID, SEGCOLID, COMMENT$,DEFAULT$, DFLTLEN, ENABLED, DEFER,
> FLAGS,
> COLPROP, ADTNAME, ADTOWNER, CHARSETID, CHARSETFORM, FSPRECISION,
> LFPRECISION FROM SYS.EXU8COLU WHERE TOBJID = :1 ORDER BY INTCOLID
An ORA-00600 is an internal error which should (in theory) be reported to Oracle as a bug.

However, I will have a stab at this problem (don't worry, I carry no sharp objects as I prefer the old trusty lead pipe).

You need to try and isolate the problem. Try and export a single view. Try an export of a different schema containing views.

Does the error always occur? Is it limited to the number of views? Only to a single schema? Is it successful if there are no views in the schema to export?

If we assume that the above SQL is the cause of the problem - it well could be a problem with the data dictionary itself, seeing how an export view was being used at the time when the error occured. This could imply that the data dictionary is the problem.

BTW, are you also sure that there are no problems with 8.1.5 on the Linux version you're running? There are issues with Oracle 8.1.x on Linux versions using the latest glibc.

--
Billy