Re: 'upgrade' to same $ORACLE_HOME

From: NorwoodThree <norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2002 15:00:50 -0700

All the info you need is in the upgrade instructions....

Generally, if I have enough disk space, while the db is running, I copy the ORACLE_HOME. I upgrade the ORACLE_HOME I copied. I shutdown the database, and restart it in the upgraded ORACLE_HOME and run the documented scripts.

Another variation would be to copy the original ORACLE_HOME, shutdown the database. Restart the db in the copied ORACLE_HOME, and upgrade the original ORACLE_HOME to preserve the OraInventory. Once the upgrade is complete, restart the db in the original now upgraded ORACLE_HOME, and run the documented scripts.

Hope this helps, I'm sure there are a million different ways to do this depending on the environment. Remember to also start/restart the listener process in the same ORACLE_HOME you are dealing with the database. Received on Mon Sep 09 2002 - 17:00:50 CDT