Re: problem with ORA-02019

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 21:34:04 +0200

Looks like there is an unfinished distributed transaction between your database and the DB2 database accessed using the database link. The database background process RECO tries to solve it. The 2nd error line suggests the password used in the database link is not the proper password. Or better: the DB2 database doesn't allow a connect based on the credentials passed.

Query views DBA_2PC_PENDING and DBA_2PC_NEIGHBORS to get more details about the in-doubt transaction.
Read "Oracle8i Distributed Transaction Systems" for more info.

Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow> schreef in berichtnieuws 3d77a09a.77577089_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com...
| Platform: Oracle SE 8.1.7 on NT4
|
| Any ideas of what I'm seeing here?
|
| I'm not sure when this started, but I'm finding in one of my
 test/development
| databases (alert log) the following series of messages:
|
| Errors in file e:\oradmin\xctt\bdump\xcttRECO.TRC:
| ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not found
| ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
| ORA-02063: preceding line from LN_DB2T
|
| These have occurred at ever increasing intervals, beginning less than a
 minute
| after completion of database startup:
|
| Thu Sep 05 09:51:00 2002
| Thu Sep 05 09:51:36 2002
| Thu Sep 05 09:52:29 2002
| Thu Sep 05 09:53:50 2002
| Thu Sep 05 09:55:50 2002
| Thu Sep 05 09:58:53 2002
| Thu Sep 05 10:03:25 2002
| Thu Sep 05 10:10:22 2002
| Thu Sep 05 10:20:38 2002
| Thu Sep 05 10:36:24 2002
| Thu Sep 05 10:59:43 2002
| Thu Sep 05 11:34:47 2002
| Thu Sep 05 12:27:47 2002
|
| If I bounce the database, the pattern starts over again. Once I started
 chasing
| this down I made sure that the users (developers) were off the database,
 so that
| the errors are coming from some internal db activity, rather than
 connected user
| activity.
|
| The object LN_DB2T referenced in the ORA-02063 is a database link to an
 Oracle