Re: problem with ORA-02019

From: Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:46:45 GMT

OK, this seems to be on the right track, but check this out -- after the queries, I tried to do a COMMIT FORCE, and you can see the results.

SQL> select
<snip formatting of all cols>
 16 from dba_2pc_pending
 17 /

LOCAL_TRAN_ID: 5.4.51
GLOBAL_TRAN_ID: XCTTDB.WORLD.e1ffeb38.5.4.51 STATE: collecting
MIXED: no
ADVICE:
TRAN_COMMENT:
FAIL_TIME: 19-AUG-02
FORCE_TIME:
RETRY_TIME: 06-SEP-02
OS_USER: PUR003
OS_TERMINAL: 23MVT12
HOST: NMMC\23MVT12
DB_USER: ORCLNMM
COMMIT#: 3618681 SQL> select
<snip formatting of all cols>
 10 from dba_2pc_neighbors
 11 Input truncated to 1 characters
/

LOCAL_TRAN_ID: 5.4.51
IN_OUT: in

DATABASE: DBUSER_OWNER: ORCLNMM INTERFACE: N
DBID: SESS#: 1 BRANCH: 0000 LOCAL_TRAN_ID: 5.4.51
IN_OUT: out

DATABASE: LN_DB2T.WORLD DBUSER_OWNER: ORCLNMM INTERFACE: N
DBID: DB2817 SESS#: 1 BRANCH: 4 LOCAL_TRAN_ID: 5.4.51
IN_OUT: out

DATABASE: LN_ORCL.WORLD DBUSER_OWNER: ORCLNMM INTERFACE: N
DBID: d8a8f4b3 SESS#: 1 BRANCH: 3 SQL> commit force '5.4.51';
commit force '5.4.51'
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02058: no prepared transaction found with ID 5.4.51

SQL> spool off

I also logged on as SYS AS SYSDBA and tried this:

SVRMGR> commit force 'xcttdb.world.e1ffeb38.5.4.51', 3618681; commit force 'xcttdb.world.e1ffeb38.5.4.51', 3618681

                                             *
ORA-00922: missing or invalid option
SVRMGR> Looks like we're close, but how do I kill this guy?

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 21:34:04 +0200, "Anton Buijs" <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

>Looks like there is an unfinished distributed transaction between your
>database and the DB2 database accessed using the database link. The database
>background process RECO tries to solve it.
>The 2nd error line suggests the password used in the database link is not
>the proper password. Or better: the DB2 database doesn't allow a connect
>based on the credentials passed.
>
>Query views DBA_2PC_PENDING and DBA_2PC_NEIGHBORS to get more details about
>the in-doubt transaction.
>Read "Oracle8i Distributed Transaction Systems" for more info.
>
>Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow> schreef in berichtnieuws
>3d77a09a.77577089_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com...
>| Platform: Oracle SE 8.1.7 on NT4
>|
>| Any ideas of what I'm seeing here?
>|
>| I'm not sure when this started, but I'm finding in one of my
 test/development
>| databases (alert log) the following series of messages:
>|
>| Errors in file e:\oradmin\xctt\bdump\xcttRECO.TRC:
>| ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not found
>| ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
>| ORA-02063: preceding line from LN_DB2T
>|
>| These have occurred at ever increasing intervals, beginning less than a
 minute
>| after completion of database startup:
>|
>| Thu Sep 05 09:51:00 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 09:51:36 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 09:52:29 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 09:53:50 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 09:55:50 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 09:58:53 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 10:03:25 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 10:10:22 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 10:20:38 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 10:36:24 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 10:59:43 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 11:34:47 2002
>| Thu Sep 05 12:27:47 2002
>|
>| If I bounce the database, the pattern starts over again. Once I started
 chasing
>| this down I made sure that the users (developers) were off the database,
 so that
>| the errors are coming from some internal db activity, rather than
 connected user
>| activity.
>|
>| The object LN_DB2T referenced in the ORA-02063 is a database link to an
 Oracle