Re: Patches !!!!

From: NorwoodThree <norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2002 09:27:01 -0700

You have mentioned that you are on Solaris8 Intel.

I cant speak for the Intel version, but Sun publishes an 8_Recommended.zip file for Solaris8 Sparc versions. It is common knowledge and due diligence that you install this bundle everytime you install Solaris8. So based on that, I would install that bundle.

As for Solaris patch one-offs, definately dont install anything for the heck of it.

The recommended bundle is free on sunsolve.sun.com.

As for Oracle patches for that release I dont know of any.

Hope this helps. Received on Thu Aug 29 2002 - 11:27:01 CDT