Re: Limiting CPU usage for a user

From: ECStahl <ecstahl_at_aol.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2002 07:02:49 GMT

Sorry, no info for Oracle on NT - other than setting up a test box.

Under HP-UX you could use PRM (Process Resource Manager) to assign pset's (CPU's dedicated to specific processes), or to allocate CPU shares (guaranteed minimum percentages of CPU, or memory or IO). Or, for example, to place CPU caps on a certain group of development processes.

Or even vPars, where you could have multiple kernels booted and running on one box at the same time - each with it's own dedicated portions of the system hardware.

Eric Stahl