Re: Jobs do not run anymore since patch update

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:17:27 GMT

 alter session set nls_date_format='dd-mon-yyyy hh24:mi:ss' select * from dba_jobs_running;
select job, failures,log_user, what, last_date, next_date, interval. broken, from dba_jobs;

I've seen it happen, but don't remember how it was fixed

either by resubmitting the job or by using dbms_job.run

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:27:19 +0200, "Patrick J." <patrickREMOVE.jTHIS_at_kneip.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We encounter a strange problem on our 8.1.7 Oracle database on Linux. We
>have updated it recently to the latest version (8.1.7.4) and, since that
>time, jobs do not run anymore!
>
>The 'submit' of the job works fine, and I can see the job waiting in the
>queue (even from another session). There is no indication of 'Broken' nor
>'Failure', but the job never starts, unless I issue a 'run' command with the
>job Id.
>
>I have verified the Oracle parameters:
>- Job Queue Interval is set to 10 seconds;
>- Job Queue Processes is set to 4, and I can see that 4 connections exist on
>the database for snp0, snp1, snp2 and snp3 processes.
>
>To workaround the problem, we have to execute every 5 minutes a script that
>connects to the database, retrieves the jobs waiting in the queue, and
>eventually runs them.
>
>What can be the origin of this problem?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Patrick J.

We use Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Aug 20 2002 - 13:17:27 CDT