Jobs do not run anymore since patch update

From: Patrick J. <patrickREMOVE.jTHIS_at_kneip.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:27:19 +0200

Hi,

We encounter a strange problem on our 8.1.7 Oracle database on Linux. We have updated it recently to the latest version (8.1.7.4) and, since that time, jobs do not run anymore!

The 'submit' of the job works fine, and I can see the job waiting in the queue (even from another session). There is no indication of 'Broken' nor 'Failure', but the job never starts, unless I issue a 'run' command with the job Id.

I have verified the Oracle parameters:
- Job Queue Interval is set to 10 seconds;

To workaround the problem, we have to execute every 5 minutes a script that connects to the database, retrieves the jobs waiting in the queue, and eventually runs them.

What can be the origin of this problem?

Thanks,

Patrick J. Received on Tue Aug 20 2002 - 10:27:19 CDT