RAC configuration without shared storage

From: Patrick London <mpmers_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2002 15:43:26 -0700

I have seen various posts about configuring and running RAC under various operating systems, such as Windows 2000 or Linux, without having a shared storage array (and the corresponding controllers, hardware, firm ware, etc.). It appears that you can test RAC on single machine (in a simple test environment), but it also appears that you can still evaluate RAC in a multi-node environment by using a something like NFS and having each node mount the same remote file system.

Is running a multi-node RAC environment using NFS possible?

Are there other similar solutions for multi-node RAC environments (for testing purposes) like NFS?

I see that the OakTable group had a demo at Oracle Open World where they had people walk up with their laptops to join the RAC cluster - how and where were they managing the data files, etc.? I could not find information on their configuration for that demo.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Patrick Received on Mon Aug 19 2002 - 17:43:26 CDT