Newbie Question: Trying to Start SQLPlus, Error

From: Patrick Altman <junk_at_pataltman.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 01:22:43 GMT

This is what I get after logging on as the 'oracle' user and executing ./sqlplus from the shell:

Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus
Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

Does all this message mean is that the ORACLE_HOME shell variable is not getting set? If this is the case, how would I set it and what could I do to automatially set it every time I log in?

Sorry for the elementary question.

Patrick Received on Sun Aug 18 2002 - 20:22:43 CDT