Re: Newbie Question: Trying to Start SQLPlus, Error

From: Patrick Altman <junk_at_pataltman.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 01:28:11 GMT

OK, I should have investigated a little bit before posting. Figured that part out:

ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle/9.0
export ORACLE_HOME

Put that in my .bash_profile and viola sqlplus loads.

Now, I have a different problem:

---
SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Sun Aug 18 18:19:30 2002

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: oracle
Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-07217: sltln: environment variable cannot be evaluated.
---

What environment variable is it talking about?  Would this username and
password be any different that my unix login and password? Any ideas?

Thanks
Patrick