Re: Error: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:38:08 GMT

Oliver Otto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe here is someone around who can give me a hand solving this
> problem. I made a new installation of an Oracle server and restore all
> data files and all admin files. The database process starts fine but if
> I want to connect I get the following errror message:
>
> Error: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown
> in progress
>
> Is there a way to "rollforward" the restore process and restart the
> database ..?!
>
> Thanx for every help and have a nice weekend.
>
> Oliver

What platform?
What operating system and version?
What version of Oracle?
Did you actually read and follow the pre-installation and post-installation information provided by Oracle on the CD? Do you think we can all look over your shoulder and figure this stuff out or do you feel some obligation to help those that might wish to help you?

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Aug 16 2002 - 12:38:08 CDT