Error: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

From: Oliver Otto <ootto_at_genese.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:38:58 +0200

Hi,

maybe here is someone around who can give me a hand solving this problem. I made a new installation of an Oracle server and restore all data files and all admin files. The database process starts fine but if I want to connect I get the following errror message:

                    Error: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown
in progress

Is there a way to "rollforward" the restore process and restart the database ..?!

Thanx for every help and have a nice weekend.

Oliver Received on Fri Aug 16 2002 - 12:38:58 CDT