Re: How to measure Oracle Database Performance?

From: <rhe_at_bln.sesa.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:05:50 GMT

Hi Max,

I used Perl scripts with the Benchmark package to insert/select/update/delete a large amount of data into the database and measured the time for inserting every e.g. 1000 entries. Though it is not a benchmark, nevertheless you will get an impression how the system perform for your data model and can compare the performance befor/after you applied some changes.

HTH!
Rainer

For really benchmarks