Re: looking for script

From: Parag <parag_ch_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2002 14:48:20 -0700

nexus987_at_hotmail.com (Michael Green) wrote in message news:<2e5102f0.0208140655.3a359857_at_posting.google.com>...
> Greetings. I have a process that automatically backs up our production
> oracle server (oracle 8.1.7 on solaris) to disk via ufsdump every
> night. I'd like to automatically get these loaded to our disaster
> recovery server & change the SID (IE: from oraprod to oradr)... does
> anyone have a shell or perl script to do this? Basically I'm looking
> for a script to clone from one machine to another. All machines have
> identical hardware/OS/etc. I've seen a lot of "how to's" but haven't
> had any luck finding actual code...
>
> Thanks.

I am apprehensive .....have u tried to restore the database from the dump ?? hope u put your dbf files in hotbackup mode before doing ufsdump ??

u don't really need to change the sid ...do u ?? as u are restoring on another machine, I mean. and if u have to u can change it in initxxx.ora file....

if it is ufsdump of the disk then all u have to do is restart the machine or mount the partitions and through svrmgrl startup and (maybe) recover the database using backup controlfile.....I guess.

HTH
--Parag Received on Wed Aug 14 2002 - 16:48:20 CDT