Re: PL/SQL - Returning resultset-like values from functions

From: Adrian Billington <billiauk_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 12 Aug 2002 04:44:26 -0700

Of course you can return resultsets from functions (see example below). However, what I think the poster is requesting is the return of an array structure (also example below).

FIRST - Returning resultset from function...

SECOND - return an array...

Hope this helps. If you want a composite collection (several attributes), then you must create an object type to base your nested table on...

Hope this helps. When we hit 9i, we will be extending the use of TABLE functions, so these have become pretty optimized...

Regards

Adrian Received on Mon Aug 12 2002 - 06:44:26 CDT