Re: PL/SQL - Returning resultset-like values from functions

From: Carsten Alexander <acamat_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:03:23 -0000

Hi Adrian,

many thanks for your answer and the detailed sample code! I'll really appreciate this informationen. I think, this pushes me in the right direction.

"Adrian Billington" <billiauk_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:dee17a9f.0208120344.12eede07_at_posting.google.com...

> --
> -- Object type (unfortunately no %rowtype support)...
> --

This doesn't matter to me, because there are no tables involved.

> Hope this helps. When we hit 9i, we will be extending the use of TABLE
> functions, so these have become pretty optimized...

Indeed! These "special" functions aren't intended to be used frequently. Just for some pre-calculation of calendaric events. So if that was awful for system perfomance it will be done at low-load times once a year.

--
Kind regards,
Carsten