Oracle instance does not start automatically

From: Christian Nein <christian_at_nein.de>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 01:56:37 +0200

Hi,

I have installed an Oracle server (P4 1,7 GHZ / Win2000 Prof./ Oracle version EE 8.1.7). I have created a database but now I have some problems. After rebooting the server, the created DB-instance does not start autmatically although the service (OracleService [databasename]) is being started properly. So I have to launch the instance-manager and launch the instance manually. What is even more a problem is that the instance can only be started by the Windows user who created the database. If another user is logged on the Windows system, the instance cannot be started at all. When trying to start the instance, the task is being stopped right at the first of the three steps (launch, mount, ...). An exclamation mark appears, but no error message at all. I did not find any error log.

For further tests, I have logged in with another Windows user and created another database . The result was the same. The instance was not set to "online" automatically and only the Windows user who created the DB was able to set the instance online.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Christian Received on Fri Aug 09 2002 - 18:56:37 CDT