Re: after running a query (count, select...like) i don't get the prompt back

From: Richard Foote <Richard.Foote_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 19:31:44 +1000

Hi Cihat,

Do you have any idea on the size of the cardholder table ? If it's large, then it could very well take a considerable amount of time (try as I might, it takes me a while to walk from Canberra to Dubbo).

Take a look if you can (or get your DBA to take a look) at v$session_longops, it displays details of long running queries and might give you an indication on how long to go.

Cheers

Richard