Re: cursor_sharing

From: Richard Foote <Richard.Foote_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:30:41 +1000

Hi Daud,

Firstly, note the bugs as already mentioned by Anurag.

Secondly consider DSS/Data Warehouse environments where the performance of large queries might be subject to non uniform distribution of data and the CBO is relying heavily on histogram statistics to pick appropriate execution paths.

The use of bind variables, the sharing of cursors and the non use of histograms could be one ugly mother in such an environment.

Horses for courses and this option is definitely for the sprinters and not for the stayers.

Cheers

Richard