Spatial Mapviewer Setup

From: Robert Boyle <rboyle_at_cyantel.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2002 02:14:55 -0700

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me, here is my problem.

I am running OC4J on win 2000 against an 8.1.7 spatial database. I have created and imported all the scripts for Scott as per the Mapviewer download. I have modified the XML (server etc) as stipulated in the mapviewer setup and can get as far as

http://localhost:8888/mapviewer
without any problem.

However, when I go to add a datasource and click submit I get the following error:

<oms_error>Message:[oms] empty non_map_request xml request. Fri Aug 02 16:54:00 BST 2002 Machine Node Name: rboyle Severity: 0 Description: at oracle.spatial.mapserver.oms.getRequestType(oms.java:538) at oracle.spatial.mapserver.oms.doPost(oms.java:230) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:720)

at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:305)
at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:742)
at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:248)
at com.evermind.util.ThreadPoolThread.run(ThreadPoolThread.java:64)</oms_error>

If I try and do any of the other acitivities, such as list datasource etc, I get similar errors.

Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to provide you with any other info? (i am running mapviewer release 2 and OC4J is giving me a version of 9.0.3.0.0 for the oracle9ias.

Thanks
Robert Received on Tue Aug 06 2002 - 04:14:55 CDT