to Raise or not to Raise, this is the question...

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 19:34:34 GMT

Hello there!
Is there any way to pass a "parameter" to the Oracle error message handler? I've seen there are several error messages returning a composite message that is clearly made up of fixed text plus the <string> parameter, like "ORA-22285 non-existent directory or file for <string> operation".

The only way to mimic internal parameterized messages is using Raise_application_error as far as I know.

What if I want to raise the same error passing a value to <string> via a standard Raise statement ?

Did I miss something in the docs ?

Thanks,
Flavio Received on Fri Aug 02 2002 - 14:34:34 CDT