Agent Configuration Assistant fails on installation

From: <peter.peltonen_at_iki.fi>
Date: 1 Aug 2002 08:00:53 GMT

Trying to install 9iR2 on Red Hat Linux 7.3. I've succeeded the installation with our test server but with production server the Agent Configuration Assistant fails:

--<snip>--
Details for Agent Configuration Assistant:   Parameter "orahome" = /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0   Parameter "nodeinfo" = NO_VALUE
Agent Service Failed
--</snip>--

Is the "nodeinfo" value the missing link here? Maybe it is missing because Net Configuratoin Assistant failed to run first also (I succeeded in running it after running DB Configuration Assistant)?

Here is what is shown in the installation log:

--<snip>--
Command which is being spawned is /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/JRE/bin/jre -classpath
/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/JRE/lib/rt.jar:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/jlib/srvm.jar:/opt/$oracle.agent.AgentCA
/orahome /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 /nodeinfo NO_VALUE
Configuration tool Agent Configuration Assistant was canceled Result code for launching of configuration tool is -1 --</snip>--

What should I do? Try to run the Assistant later on with some different parameters? What would be those paramaters?

Regards,
Peter Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 03:00:53 CDT