Re: Agent Configuration Assistant fails on installation

From: koert54 <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 18:26:01 GMT

Had exactly the same problem today on IBM AIX with HACMP and multiple nics ...
- add the following lines to sqlnet.ora and run agentctl start agentctl.trace_level=16
dbsnmp.trace_level=16
-> check the trace files
In my case it looks the agent tries to create a socket on port 1748 (which it uses to communicate with the OMS if i'm not mistaken)... however this fails for some reason.

If I stop the snmp daemon (snmpd) of the OS, the agent actually starts but complains it can't connect to the master snmp agent - which makes sense because I shut it down... however the oracle agent doesn't crash on it like it did in 8i ...

Opening call tommorow after some more testing ...

<peter.peltonen_at_iki.fi> wrote in message news:aiaprl$6on$1_at_oravannahka.helsinki.fi...
> Trying to install 9iR2 on Red Hat Linux 7.3. I've succeeded the
> installation with our test server but with production server the Agent
> Configuration Assistant fails:
>
> --<snip>--
> Details for Agent Configuration Assistant:
> Parameter "orahome" = /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0
> Parameter "nodeinfo" = NO_VALUE
> Agent Service Failed
> --</snip>--
>
> Is the "nodeinfo" value the missing link here? Maybe it is missing because
> Net Configuratoin Assistant failed to run first also (I succeeded in
> running it after running DB Configuration Assistant)?
>
> Here is what is shown in the installation log:
>
> --<snip>--
> Command which is being spawned is /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/JRE/bin/jre
> -classpath

/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/JRE/lib/rt.jar:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/jlib/srvm .jar:/opt/$oracle.agent.AgentCA