Re: Unusual Log Switching

From: Rick Anderson <Richard.Anderson_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:11:01 -0400

Eric,

Are the logs full? In other words, is the log switching occurring because of excessive redo generation.

Does the alert log indicate that perhaps a manual ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE occurred?

Is this an OPS environment (i.e. multiple threads)?

Does the log switching event occur at approximately the same time?

Rick